In order to comply with the International Building Code, certified components are required to be labelled by an approved agency. TRU Compliance, and our affiliate Tobolski Watkins Engineering, Inc. is consistently approved by a vast number of building officials across the nation.
To be approved as a product certification agency, the following must be demonstrated to the authority having jurisdiction:
- Independence: An approved agency shall be objective, competent and independent from the manufacturer of the product being certified.
- Manufacturer’s cannot self certify their own components and maintain independence required for product labeling.
- Personnel: An approved agency shall employ experienced personnel educated in conducting, supervising and evaluating tests and certifications.
- TRU Compliance staff are not only experienced in executing and reviewing certification programs, but are responsible for authoring of code provisions presented in ASCE 7 for special seismic certification.
- Equipment: An approved agency shall have adequate equipment to perform required tests.
- TRU Compliance maintains a network of ISO certified testing facilities capable of performing all required tests needed for compliance with building code provisions.